Celebrate dad in style with a delectable picnic brunch!
This package includes everything you need for a family outing at the lake, park, or even your own backyard. Enjoy a meal for four from House of Gristle featuring locally grown food and hand-made authentic liege waffles from Sweet Troo Vi, all packaged in a beautiful woven picnic basket available for rent or purchase.
A portion of ticket proceeds go to the Minnesota African American Heritage Museum and Gallery in honor of Juneteenth (the day of freedom for African Americans) as well as MAD DADS of Minneapolis in honor of the children in our community who have lost their fathers to police brutality and gun violence.
THIS CURATED PICNIC FOR FOUR INCLUDES:
- Open-faced egg-cheese-and-sausauge sandwiches on authentic liege waffles, with spicy aioli drizzle and fresh herbs
- Local greens with house-made vinaigrette
- Seasonal fruit salad
- Father's Day Card from Lucent Blue Events
- Containers from Forever Ware to reduce waste ($5 deposit)
- Compostable plates, cups, napkins, and flatware
- Woven, fully-lined picnic basket, for rent or purchase (rentals are a $25 deposit to ensure return)
- A Picnic Blanket from Faribault Woolen Mill ($295): This beautiful queen-size blanket works perfectly for a family of four and is luxuriously soft. Its Made-in-MN durability is as remarkable as the craftsmanship required to create it. It also makes a great gift for dad, too!
Sunday, June 20th
True North Cafe
(3001 Hennepin, #1110 )
- Start your day in Uptown to pick up your basket, and walk down to the lake or head off to your favorite spot!
Return your basket and any reusable containers by 4pm the same day (6/20)
9am-4 pm Wednesday-Saturday (6/23-26) of the following week.
For additional information, questions, or to discuss alternative custom celebration options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.